Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I LOVE TORONTO!

I've lived in downtown Toronto for aprox. 15 years now. I really adore it. There is an energy that you can feel in the air. Today was a sunny, beautiful fall day. I decided to take my camera with me as I went to the post office (a daily ritual).

I passed by the hot dog and chip trucks. I love all the bright colors of the painted trucks. It is usually very busy with people, but this picture was taken at an off time when people were getting ready to go home from work. At lunch time all the business people on Bay street line up for their hotdogs. They like to eat them outside at Nathan Phillips Square in the sun by the fountain.




There is a man who does the MOST AMAZING chalk drawings I have ever seen! I can't even imagine how he is able to sketch out the drawing on the sidewalk and have it look so perfect. It always blows my mind every time I see his new drawings.



On my way back home I had to stop into some of my favorite stores. My most favorite is URBAN OUTFITTERS! I really love the off beat styles. Clothes are my weakness. Living downtown makes shopping very tempting indeed.



It was a great day! I hope it stays nice and sunny for a bunch more weeks.

1 comment:

turquoise cro said...

GUESS what I had for lunch today with two of my dear childhood friends???! We went to an old establishment that has been here for years called the "Ritzy Lunch" We hadn't been there for years, so we went today and you could get 2 hot dogs, fries and a drink for $5.00!!! Phew! The fries were the best! O! Those chalk drawings are unbelievable!!! What a gift this artist has!!! I HOPE he is drawing on canvas's too! You'll have to ask him Tascha! O! Yes! The lighting is just different in the fall, it is soOOoo special I think! You'll get the hang of things soon Tascha!!! I'm just GLAD I found YOU! (hehe) and the sweet lil' kitty younguns! Thanks! for the kitty kisses! LOL xoxoox's to YOU and Opie and Lily!